God strongly emphasizes the value of life and shows compassionate love for all people in Scripture. The Bible is God’s authoritative Word and it displays His heart for the value and sanctity of human life, as well as His merciful understanding for His children.
The Value of Human Life:
God is the Creator and author of human life and He has made us in His image. Therefore, all life has value and all life must be treated with value.
- “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made, your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” Psalm 139:13-14
- “Then God said, ‘Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.’
So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. God blessed them and said to them, ‘Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.'” Genesis 1:26-28
The Calling of Human Life:
God has a plan and a purpose for everyone, including the unborn children. Every person has intrinsic meaning and a God-given purpose.
- “Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you, and before you were born, I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.'” Jeremiah 1:4-5
- More Scripture on God’s deep care and concern for unborn babies (Exod. 1:16–17, 21:22–25; Lev. 18:21; Jer. 7:31–32; Ezek. 16:20–21; Mic. 6:7; Matt. 2:16–18; Acts 7:19).
Value Them Both
All life is valuable and therefore must be treated with care. Value Them Both 1). protects laws that provide the highest quality care to both moms and children and 2). will substantially decrease the amount of abortions in Kansas.
Value Them Both will allow Kansas’ elected officials to pass laws like:
- Giving moms the right to know about health risks
- Limiting partial-birth and late-term abortions
- Requiring parental consent for minors
- Banning taxpayer dollars to fund abortions and more