Gift of Leadership (Ruling – Romans 12:8)
This gift is the ability to set Godly goals, make decisions, and then communicate them to the Body of Christ, such that others will voluntarily follow and joyously work to accomplish these goals.
- This gift is to be used diligently. (Romans 12:8)
- This gift is, in part, exercised by the Elders Board. (I Timothy 5:17)
- Those using this gift must first exemplify spiritual maturity and ministry fruit. (I Timothy 3; Titus 1)
- Age is not a determining factor in using this gift. (I Timothy 4:12)
- One should be tested before assuming such a position (I Timothy 3:10)
- 2 Corinthians — Paul
- 1 & 2 Timothy — Timothy
- Titus — Titus
Possible Characteristics of this Gift:
- You are often setting an example in behavior for others.
- Your prayers consist of tasks which need accomplishing.
- Others readily follow you, and they see you confidently knowing what to do next.
- If a male, your family also responds well to your leadership.
- You are a well-disciplined person.
- You will not ask others to do what you will not do yourself.
- You are relaxed when in leadership positions.
- You delegate well.
- You do not enjoy maintaining a program or administering details.
- You tend to “take over” in a situation where there is not a designated leader.
- People look to you for leadership and direction.
- You remain calm under pressure.
- You do not allow criticism to distract from the task at hand.
- You desire to see things move quickly to a conclusion; then you want to move on to a new challenge.
Common Support Gifts:
Faith, Wisdom, Teaching, Knowledge
- Affinity Ministries (Recreation Ministry Leader, Women’s Ministry Leader, Men’s Ministry Leader, Legacy MOMS Leader, Next Chapter Widows Leader, Seniors Ministry Leader, College Age Life Group Leader, Young Pros Life Group Leader)
- Broadcast Team Leader
- Facilities Team Leader
- Guest Services Team Leaders
- KIDS Supervisors
- Life Group Leader
- Missions (Local Missions Campus Leader, Short Term Mission Trip Leader; BRIDGES Missionary Care Team Leader)
- Prayer Team Leader
- Student Ministries (Small Group Leader)
- Worship Arts Team Leader