Gift of Faith (1 Corinthians 12:9)
This gift is the ability to envision with clarity and confidence God’s future direction and goals for the Body of Christ..
- Everyone should manifest faith in their daily living. (Colossians 2:6; II Corinthians 5:7)
- This gift involves seeing both short- and long-term goals which will enable the Body of Christ to accomplish its divine purpose. (Philippians 3:12-17)
- The visionary nature of this gift requires a significant number of supporting gifts (helps/service, administration, giving, encouragement, etc.) to actually accomplish the envisioned goals. (II Timothy 4:9-13, 21-22)
- The few with this gift face the danger of expecting others to see with similar clarity and confidence what God wants the Body to accomplish and having little empathy when they do not. (Galatians 3:1; Acts 15:38)
- This is one of the primary gifts needed by the leadership in large growing churches.
Biblical Examples include Acts 27: 13-44 — Paul and the shipwreck.
Possible Characteristics of this Gift:
- Your prayers include many future goals and projects for the work of God.
- You find yourself much more interested in the future than the past.
- You are a positive thinker and are frustrated by negative people.
- You are goal-oriented and enjoy challenges involving new horizons.
- You are not daunted by obstacles or problems.
- You are non-traditional in your approach and find significant difficulty in working within a “traditional system.”
- You find yourself dreaming of what God can do in the future but lack the desire to attend to all the details to bring His plan into existence.
- You become irritated by those who lack your vision and criticize you.
- You are seen as a courageous person because of your confidence that God is with you.
- Sometimes people see you as too self-assured.
- You find others often are “infected” with your vision if they spend time with you.
- You take risks and often are willing to pursue a vision at great personal sacrifice.
- You are not afraid to stand alone for God’s vision.
- You sometimes expect too much of others and cannot understand why they just don’t “live by faith” more.
- Trusting God comes easily for you.
Common Support Gifts:
Leadership, Wisdom, Knowledge
- Creative Arts Team (Brainstorming Team)
- Legacy Online Team
- Prayer Team
- Worship Team