Gift of Evangelism (Ephesians 4:11)
This gift is the ability to share the Gospel of Christ publicly or privately with unbelievers in such a way that people respond to become disciples of Jesus Christ.
- All Christians are called to evangelize. (Matthew 28:19,20; Acts 5:42; II Timothy 4:5)
- It is an office of the New Testament church. (Acts 21:8)
- This gift not only evangelizes but also equips others to do it as well. (Ephesians 4:11)
- There are two aspects of this gift:
- Public: Philip (Acts 8:5-13); Paul (Acts 17:19-34)
- Private: Philip (Acts 8:26-39); Paul (Acts 16:25-33)
- It provides growth for existing churches and helps establish newly planted churches. (II Timothy 4:5; Acts 17:10-15)
- It normally does not include cross-cultural evangelism.
- Acts 8:5-13; 26-39 — Philip
- Acts 16: 25-33; 17:19-34 — Paul
Possible Characteristics of this Gift:
- Your prayer life reveals a burden for those who do not know Christ.
- Your prayers contain the names of many people who are not Christians or those you are training to share Christ.
- You have an inner unrest at the thought of people dying and going to hell.
- You enjoy meeting people and make new friends easily.
- You feel comfortable with strangers and talk easily about many different subjects.
- You are able to articulate your faith easily and people respond positively.
- You have a burden to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ publicly or with individuals.
- When with non-Christians, their position with Christ inevitably comes up.
- You have the ability to move conversations in a direction of the other person’s relationship with Christ.
- You are able to persuade or help people reach decisions to commit their lives to Christ.
- You are not satisfied with “superficial commitments;” you want people to become fully devoted followers of Christ.
- People enjoy being trained by you to share their faith.
- You have the ability to motivate and train others to share their faith effectively.
Common Support Gifts:
Discernment, Prophecy, Wisdom
- Affinity Ministries (Women’s Ministry, Men’s Ministry, Legacy MOMS, Next Chapter Widows, Seniors, Young Pros, College, Recreation)
- Creative Arts Team (Social Media Moderator)
- Guest Services Team (all positions)
- Legacy Online Team
- Life Group Leader
- Local Missions Volunteers