GIFT OF ADMINISTRATION (1 CORINTHIANS 12:28)
This gift is the ability to develop, articulate, and execute effective and specific plans in the accomplishment of the long– and short-range goals of the Body of Christ.
- The word for this gift is derived from “captain” or “pilot” of a ship. (Acts 27:11, Revelations 18:17). It implies keeping the ship on a predetermined course, not determining the course).
- This gift is implementing plans and programs consistent with the purpose and goal of the Body.
- This gift is not necessary for leaders, but they must have someone with this gift close by to execute plans. (Acts 15:40)
- This gift if often used to continue ministries started by others. (Acts 17:15)
- Acts 15:22-35; 17:14-15 — Silas
- Acts 17:14-15, I Thessalonians 3:1 — Timothy
Possible Characteristics of this Gift:
- You enjoy working with intricate details to make everything work together.
- Your prayers often consist of asking for God to bring many different factors together to accomplish a given task for His kingdom.
- You are a very organized person and use outlines or flow charts to develop a plan.
- You often work from a list.
- You are a logical thinker and able to keep several projects on target.
- You enjoy working with people to enable them to work together smoothly toward a common objective.
- Others see you as a very pragmatic person.
- You enjoy working on and within systems.
- You may feel comfortable working with or around computers.
- You are very loyal to your goals.
- You tend to be a perfectionist and often expect the same of others.
Common Support Gifts:
Service, Giving, Wisdom
- Broadcast (Broadcast Operator, Camera Operator, Video Switch Director)
- Guest Services (Finance Ministry Team)
- KIDS (Classroom Preparation, Curriculum, Tech)
- Legacy Online Team
- Ministry Assistant
- Office Assistant
- Office Technology Assistant
- Worship Arts (CG Operator, Sound Operator, Lighting Operator)