Legacy partners with parents to disciple the next generation!
Parents of first graders! Sword Ceremony is a special day at Legacy because parents celebrate a discipleship milestone of reading and learning God’s Word! Ephesians 6 says that the Word of God is the sword of the Spirit!
The Sword Ceremony is one of nine Legacy Landmarks. Each year, Legacy gives a Kids Bible to all first graders who are part of Legacy as an encouragement for them to grow in their love for God and His Word! Parents also are given the opportunity to give a special blessing to their kids. These blessings consist of meaningful prayer about the future and instill commitment in the hearts of kids.
Want a free Bible for your 1st grader?
Legacy will provide a free Kids Bible to all first graders! A special part of this gift is that it comes with a customized blessing from you in the cover. A Children’s Minister will reach out to you and give you steps for submitting your customized blessing! (You must have a first grader part of Legacy Kids programming).
When does my child get their Bible?
Legacy has planned a very special time for all parents and first graders on August 21. Parents will receive the Bibles to give to their children, have time to read their blessings over their children, and can celebrate together. Contact your Campus Elementary Minister if you have not yet received communication about this upcoming event.
These discipleship milestones are Legacy’s plan for partnering with parents as they disciple the next generation! Our integrated family ministries starts with new babies and walks alongside of parents/guardians as they train their child up in the way of Jesus!
1. Parent Child Dedication – Legacy will celebrate parents who are publicly committing to raise up their children in the way of the Lord and His Church.
2. Sword Ceremony – Incoming first graders will be presented with a Children’s Bible by their parent or guardian. They will be encouraged to grow in their love for the Lord and His Word.
3. Baptism- As the culmination of a child’s faith decision, baptism by immersion happens once a child chooses to put their faith in Jesus and publicly confesses Him as Lord and Savior.
4. Upgrade – Incoming sixth graders are prayed over and welcomed into a new phase of life – Legacy’s Student Ministry.
5. Identity in Christ – Teens will be introduced to concepts of biblical masculinity and femininity and challenged to live a life of purity.
6. Missions Encounter – Upperclassmen will be exposed to the importance of global missions, and understand they have a part to play in God’s story, through a service-oriented experience.
7. High School Graduation – We will celebrate Legacy’s high school graduates and ‘pass the baton of faith’ to them as they prepare to leave home
8. Church Membership – Young adults will be called to become covenant members at Legacy, deepening their commitment to the body of Christ.
9. Leadership Community – Young adults will become a part of Legacy’s Leadership Community, where they will be commissioned to be actively invested to disciple the next generation of believers.