18 Mar FAQ’s: COVID-19 Response
IS LEGACY GATHERING FOR WORSHIP SERVICES?
Legacy is offering worship services both ONLINE and ONSITE at 9:00AM and 10:45AM on Sunday’s! Services onsite have been planned with your health and safety in mind using guidance from the CDC! For more information on what onsite services look like, health protocols, and Kids Programming, check out our Worship Services Onsite page!
WHAT IS A PROPER CHRISTIAN RESPONSE TO THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) SITUATION?
- Pray for those who have been – or will be – affected by this virus.
- Pray for our leaders as they respond to this situation.
- Ask God to help us to see opportunities to minister to people who are looking for hope during this challenging time.
- Pray for our missionaries to be protected so they may continue to share the light of the gospel at this time.
- Pray for our first responders and medical personnel.
- Trust that God is in control and we can rest in that.
- Be faithful in pursuing and worshiping God.
- Be faithful in giving.
WILL LEGACY CHRISTIAN CHURCH STILL GATHER FOR SERVICES?
In an effort to protect our most vulnerable members and guests, to support our community’s effort to flatten the bell curve of infections, and in support of our local health officials through the act of social distancing, Legacy moved services to gathering online from March to the end of May. On May 31, Legacy welcomed people back to gathering onsite and continued offering quality, online services for those who are not yet ready or able to return.
Online services will take place on Sunday at our regular times, 9:00 and 10:45 am. You can tune in live at info.lcc.org or any of the following platforms:
- Legacy’s Roku Channel
- Facebook Live
- YouTube Live
WHAT PREPARATIONS SHOULD BE TAKEN BEFORE THE ONLINE GATHERINGS ON SUNDAY?
As you know, Legacy places a high value on living in biblical community. Even though we will not be able to gather physically, we will still be gathering spiritually – and we know God will be honored. Here’s how you can make the most of your online experience:
- Prepare to make this service a sacred time. Before worship begins, turn off and put away all other devices. Be fully present and engaged in every aspect of the service. Set this expectation for everyone in your house.
- Prepare communion in advance. We celebrate the Lord’s Supper every week. You will need crackers and grape juice to participate as we take communion together in our homes throughout the city.
- Utilize info.lcc.org. Record your attendance, share prayer requests, take sermon notes, and give to the Lord. You can do all of these things before the service begins.
CAN I RECEIVE HELP, OR OFFER HELP TO OTHERS, DURING THIS DIFFICULT SEASON?
Throughout the COVID-19 situation, Legacy will work to be the hands and feet of Jesus to our church and community through Legacy’s Mission: Love KC. Legacy is collecting requests from people who need assistance and those who have the time, resources, and ability to provide support.
WHAT ABOUT LEGACY’S FAMILY MINISTRY PROGRAMMING?
Legacy offers programming for Nursery-Elementary ages at all Legacy locations on Sunday’s. Legacy Middle School and High School students meet on Wednesday nights for student programming!
Available programming times for:
Nursery & Preschool – Offered at all Legacy locations during 9AM service!
Kindergarten – 5th grade – Offered at all Legacy locations during 9AM and 10:45AM services!
Middle School Sunday School – Offered at all Legacy locations during 10:45AM service!