28 Aug Legacy Moms – 2020
Welcome to Legacy Moms! We’re so thankful for your interest in joining us for this FREE fall session. As we continue to navigate these interesting times, Legacy Moms will look a little different. One thing that will never change, however, is our belief that we are BETTER TOGETHER, so this fall we’ll be focusing on COMMUNITY.
For the fall session, we’ll primarily build community through small groups where you’ll be paired with a Discussion Leader and a Mentor Mom. These groups will be a wonderful, safe place to connect with other moms like you, share prayer requests, and build new friendships. Each small group may look a little bit different, but our leaders and Mentor Moms are committed to supporting you and loving you.
Additionally, we are committed to providing content to help you grow in your spiritual walk of motherhood. For now, we’ll be sharing encouraging devotionals or Mentor Mom moments with you directly to your email inbox! You’ll have the ability to pause and watch a brief video whenever it fits into your day. These videos will also be shared on our private Facebook page and Instagram so you’ll have many ways to access them!
Community is not always comfortable, but we must choose to commit anyway.
This year in Legacy Moms we’re going to go back to the basics of what authentic mom communities should look like. Spoiler alert: the mommy blogs and Facebook groups almost never get it quite right.
- We will love and accept each other through genuine, authentic friendships.
- Proverbs 27:17 “Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.”
- We will support and encourage one another by always pointing to Biblical TRUTH.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:11 “Encourage one another and build each other up.”
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17 “All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.”
- We will help one another through selfless service.
- Mark 10:45 “For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.”
- We will challenge one another to be accountable for spiritual growth.
- 2 Peter 1:5-8 “For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. For if these qualities are yours and increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
We are so excited to connect with you again, and are looking forward to all the ways God will work in our lives this upcoming year. Let’s have open hands and grateful hearts as we pursue community with each other, knowing that we are better together!
Small groups will be assigned by September 22. Your leader will contact you!
Video content will be available at 9 AM the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month:
- September 8, 22
- October 13, 27
- November 10, 24
- December 8, 22
For more information, please contact Sandi Murphy (sandimurphy86 @yahoo.com)