Posted at 15:50h
WHAT IS A PROPER CHRISTIAN RESPONSE TO THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) SITUATION?
- Pray for those who have been – or will be – affected by this virus.
- Pray for our leaders as they respond to this situation.
- Ask God to help us to see opportunities to minister to people who are looking for hope during this challenging time.
- Pray for our missionaries to be protected so they may continue to share the light of the gospel at this time.
- Pray for our first responders and medical personnel.
- Trust that God is in control and we can rest in that.
- Be faithful in pursuing and worshiping God.
- Be faithful in giving.
WILL LEGACY CHRISTIAN CHURCH STILL GATHER FOR SERVICES?
In an effort to protect our most vulnerable members and guests, to support our community’s effort to flatten the bell curve of infections, and in support of our local health officials through the act of social distancing, all of Legacy’s physical locations are closed. We are still going to gather for church, but will do so online.
Online services will take place on Sunday at our regular times, 9:00 and 10:45 am. You can tune in live at info.lcc.org or any of the following platforms:
- Legacy’s Roku Channel
- Facebook Live
- YouTube Live
WHAT PREPARATIONS SHOULD BE TAKEN BEFORE THE ONLINE GATHERINGS ON SUNDAY?
As you know, Legacy places a high value on living in biblical community. Even though we will not be able to gather physically, we will still be gathering spiritually – and we know God will be honored. Here’s how you can make the most of your online experience:
- Prepare to make this service a sacred time. Before worship begins, turn off and put away all other devices. Be fully present and engaged in every aspect of the service. Set this expectation for everyone in your house.
- Prepare communion in advance. We celebrate the Lord’s Supper every week. You will need crackers and grape juice to participate as we take communion together in our homes throughout the city.
- Utilize info.lcc.org. Record your attendance, share prayer requests, take sermon notes, and give to the Lord. You can do all of these things before the service begins.
CAN I RECEIVE HELP, OR OFFER HELP TO OTHERS, DURING THIS DIFFICULT SEASON?
Throughout the COVID-19 situation, Legacy will work to be the hands and feet of Jesus to our church and community through Legacy’s Mission: Love KC. Legacy is collecting requests from people who need assistance and those who have the time, resources, and ability to provide support.
WHAT ABOUT LEGACY’S FAMILY MINISTRY PROGRAMMING?
Legacy’s Family Ministry team has developed new ways for kids and students to stay involved.