13 Sep 50th Anniversary Celebration
Join Legacy Christian Church (formerly named Johnson County Christian Church) as we celebrate 50 years of Christian service from March 1-3, 2019. Church members, friends, and others will be able to share in the celebration of Legacy’s rich church history.
The 50th anniversary is going to be full of celebration and worship and will be held at Legacy’s Overland Park Campus (10150 Antioch Rd, Overland Park KS 66212). The weekend festivities include:
- Building a Legacy: Celebrating 50 Years
- Friday, March 1 from 7:00 to 8:30 pm
- A unique celebration of the past 50 years of ministry at Legacy. Special guests, stories of God’s faithfulness, inspiring praise and worship, and more!
- Grab a special 50th-anniversary keepsake and enjoy appetizers and desserts at a reception following the program.
- Tickets are $5 and will go on sale soon.
- Open House: The Legacy Journey
- Saturday, March 2 from 10:00 am to 3 pm
- A come-and-go open house! Take a walk down memory lane as you learn about—and reflect on—stories and milestones throughout Legacy’s history!
- Free event with snacks and family-friendly activities in the gym.
- Connect with old friends at the “Longtimers’ Reception” from 12:00 to 2:00 in the Parlor.
- Weekend Worship Services
- Saturday – OP Campus ONLY at 6:00 pm
- Sunday – All Campuses at 9:00 & 10:45 am
- In honor of Legacy’s first service, come early for some donuts!
Hotel and Lodging Options
For those traveling to Kansas City, Legacy has secured preferred room rates at a nearby hotel:
Please note the follow:
- Cut-off date is January 31.
- Breakfast is included in the room rate.
- Rooms are reserved under Legacy Christian Church.
Legacy members have the opportunity to HOST a home for our returning guests, who are welcome to request to stay with a HOST family if needed.