13 Sep 50th Anniversary Celebration
Join Legacy Christian Church (formerly named Johnson County Christian Church) as we celebrate 50 years of Christian service from March 1-3, 2019. Church members, friends, and others will be able to share in the celebration of Legacy’s rich church history.
The 50th anniversary is going to be full of celebration and worship and will be held at Legacy’s Overland Park Campus (10150 Antioch Rd, Overland Park KS 66212). The weekend festivities include:
- Building a Legacy: Celebrating 50 Years
- Friday, March 1 from 7:00 to 9:30 pm at the Overland Park Campus
- A unique celebration of the past 50 years of ministry at Legacy. Special guests, stories of God’s faithfulness, inspiring praise and worship, and more!
- Grab a special 50th-anniversary keepsake and enjoy appetizers and desserts at a reception following the program.
- Want to sing in the 50th-anniversary choir? Share your interest below. Rehearsal is on February 24 at 5:30 at the Blue Valley Campus.
- Event cost is $5 and seating is limited. To secure seating, please register via the link below: Friday Seating 50th Anniversary Choir
- Open House: The Legacy Journey
- Saturday, March 2 from 3-6 pm at the Overland Park Campus
- A come-and-go open house! Connect with friends and share stories of everything that God has done at Legacy
- Free event with snacks and family-friendly activities in the gym.
- The evening will conclude with a ‘Gospel Lads’ concert at 6 pm. The concert will take the place of the Saturday evening service.
- Weekend Worship Services
- Sunday, March 3 – Celebration services at all campuses at 9:00 & 10:45 am
- Legacy is excited to welcome special guest speaker Barry Cameron. Barry served as Youth Pastor at Johnson County Christian Church in the 1980’s. Now, he is pastor of Crossroads Christian Church in the Dallas/Fort Worth area – a congregation that averages over 8,000 in attendance weekly.
- In honor of Legacy’s first service, come early for some donuts!
Hotel and Lodging Options
For those traveling to Kansas City, Legacy has secured preferred room rates at a nearby hotel:
- Cut-off date is January 31.
- Breakfast is included in the room rate.
- Rooms are reserved under Legacy Christian Church.
Legacy members have the opportunity to HOST a home for our returning guests, who are welcome to request to stay with a HOST family if needed.